Crucial Aspects of Test Automation
How to avoid others Test Automation Blunders!
Many organizations never achieve the significant benefits that are promised from automated test execution tools. What are the secrets to test automation success?
There are no secrets but the paths to success are not commonly understood.
Dorothy Graham describes the most important automation issues that you must address, both management and technical, and helps you understand and choose the best approaches for your organization—no matter which automation tools you use.
Planning and Managing Test Automation
- Responsibilities; tester versus test automator
- The role of a pilot project for automation
- Test automation objectives: beware of poor ones, recognize good ones, devise your own
- Measures for automation
- Return on Investment
- The importance of a good testware architecture
- What needs to be organised
Pre- and Post-Processing
- Automating more than tests
- Test status more than just Pass/Fail
- Objectives of scripting
- Difference types of script: linear, structured, data-driven, keyword-driven
- Advanced Keyword-driven and DSTL: Domain-Specific Test Language
- Automated test verification
- Test sensitivity: sensitive versus specific/robust comparisons
Final Advice and Direction
- Lessons learned from others
- Next steps: your test automation strategy
Who is Dorothy Graham?
Dorothy Graham (Dot) has been in testing for more than thirty years and is co-author of Software Inspection, Software Test Automation and Foundations of Software Testing.
Her latest book "Experiences in Test Automation" co-authored with Mark Fewster was published in 2012.
She helped start testing qualifications in the UK, and founded Grove Consultants in 1989, leaving in 2008 to become an independent consultant again.
Dorothy holds the European Excellence Award in Software Testing and was Programme Chair for EuroSTAR in 1993 and 2009.
This workshop is aimed at managers who need to understand the key issues in making test automation successful. Technical issues are covered at a high level of understanding; there are no tool demos!
Training and materials will be in English.
Materials as well as lunch and refreshments are all included in the course fee.
Dates, Prices and Registration
Click www.PrettyGoodTesting.com/TRAINING, to get a PrettyGoodOverview of our Open Class Training.
PrettyGoodTesting also offer professional and cost effective IN-HOUSE TRAINING and we would very much like to discuss this further with you. If interested in in-house training...
- Send an email to Training@PGT.dk or
- Call us on (+45) 31 63 02 00.