Getting a Grip on Exploratory Testing
What is "Getting a Grip on Exploratory Testing"?
An enjoyably interactive hands-on tutorial introducing delegates to a wide variety of approaches to exploratory testing – active play, systematic exploration, modelling for success and failure, questioning, attacks and exploitations.
Discussions cover ways of getting the best out of time spent exploring, good and bad choices for exploration, and approaches to managing exploration and diagnosis. Some exercises are computer-based (using Workroom Productions’ custom-built “Black Box” machines in Flash), and delegates are encouraged to download exercises before the tutorial, and bring their laptops to use or share.
This course involves plenty of discussion and directly relevant practical exercises; participants are challenged to be both agile and rigourous, and to find ways of directly applying the skills and insights presented.
Who is James Lyndsay?
James is Principal Consultant at Workroom Productions and has been testing since 1986, and has worked independently since setting up Workroom Productions in 1994 - a company offering a range of focused training, covering practical areas of high value that are not typically addressed in certification-based exams.
As a consultant, he's worked in a variety of businesses and project styles; from retail to telecommunications, from rapidly-evolving internet start-ups to more traditional large-scale enterprise. He's worked to technical requirements for companies that make and sell software, to commercial requirements for companies that buy and use software, and to unexpected requirements everywhere. He's been in and out of agile (and Agile) teams since 2002.
James was an internal irritant to the ISEB exam process for five years, is a regular speaker and occasional teacher, runs LEWT (the London Exploratory Workshop in Testing) and has won prizes for his papers.
- January 21st 2013 : Full day (lunch and refreshments included).
- Ballerup, Copenhagen (DEN).
Related training - You might be interested in joining PGT and James Lyndsay at:
- The Test Strategist’s Toolkit - January 22nd 2013 - Description
- Managing Exploratory Testing - January 23rd 2013 - Description
- Limited to 12 participants (first served).
- An interest in becoming an even better and more effective software tester
- An interest in learning about and trying out Exploratory Testing.
- Training and materials will be in english.
- 3.900 DKK - Early Bird - until December 1st 2012 (or until sold out)
- 4.500 DKK - Nominal.
- Click on 'Register' (above) or
- Send an email to Training@PGT.dk or
- Call us on (+45) 31 63 02 00.